1) Objective : To manufacture CuO-SiO2 Particle used as Catalyst
- Decrease of one thirds in the particle size, from 30 to 10nm.
- Increase in the conversion ratio of DMS due to smaller particles.
- By producing continuously the uniformed and even particles ,increase in productivity on the catalytic products.
- Improvement of catalytic reactivity by the large active & catalytic surface resulting from the high density nano-particles
which are made by Taylor Reactor.
3) Research data
Two things that one is “ the faster a agitation speed is increased from 300 to 1,000 rpm through 600 rpm, the smaller a particle in size gets to be from 13 to 6 μm through 10 μm ” ,and the other one is “ the faster a agitation speed is increased , the narrower a distribution of the particles in size gets to be”.
In case of the particles made by a batch system, it is of two of the distribution in graph at 6 and 30 μm size. And therefore, it concludes with that Taylor reactor is so suitable for the particles produced in uniformity and evenness, more than a batch system.
Rotation speed vs Particle distribution of Cu(OH)2-SiO2
The distribution of particles in size produced at 85°C is relatively even and narrow in graph as compared to the particles produced at 25°C and 50°C.
Reaction time vs Particle distribution of Cu(OH)2-SiO2
XRD, particle sizes of CuO-SiO2 vs Agitation speed
(30nm@300rpm ==> 24nm@600rpm ==> 13nm@1000rpm)
The advantage of Taylor Reactor is that smaller particles of Cu in size can be made, more than 2 times as small as the particles from a batch process.
SEM , Particle shape of CuO-SiO2
Two things found through SEM such as that :
- In case of the agitation speed at 1,000 rpm, the particles of CuO-SiO2 as a composite compound are almost made up of 20nm in size, and its distribution is very even.
- In case of the agitation speed at 300 and 600 rpm, the particles are less uniform in size, as compared to the agitation speed at 1,000 rpm.
The correlation between CuO size and Conversion ratio of DMS
The correlation between the particle size of CuO and the conversion ratio of DMS concludes that the smaller the particle size gets, the higher conversion ratio of DMS gets.
Improvement of reactivity results from the increased surface area by decreasing of the particle size.
1) Objective : To manufacture of SiO2 Particle
- possible to produce the particles from 50nm to hundreds of microns in size
- Consisting of two or more than two reactors for nucleation and solid-crystal
- Continuous manufacturing system including for the products used by a batch system
- Cost reduction and increase productivity
- Minimize the labor cost due to continuous process system
- No.61- reactor for nucleation
- No.70- Taylor reactor for solid-crystals
- Producing very uniform and even particles with Taylor reactor after nucleation.
- consisting of more than two tubular reactors
|Agitation speed (rpm)
Mfg.of uniform and even
100nm sized SiO2
3. Dispersion of silver nano-wire
- Dispersed in good condition with the agitation speed at 800 rpm
- Broken the wires with the agitation speed at 1,500 rpm
4. The manufacturing of K2CO3.1.5H2O